PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, CIVIL RIGHTS LEGAL PRACTICE
Upholding Civil Rights in Pennsylvania
Our attorneys are dedicated to helping people obtain compensation after experiencing violations of their constitutionally protected rights. Many of these cases are complex, involving multiple areas of constitutional law. At the law firm of Jeffrey R. Lessin & Associates, P.C., we have both the knowledge and the determination to pursue your case as far as necessary to obtain justice.
Civil Rights Matters
Our civil rights lawyers focus on:
- Police brutality: You can do something about it. Police officers are not above the law.
- Wrongful detainment: If you have been wrongly accused and detained by a mall security guard or store manager, you have recourse.
- Excessive force: If a police officer struck you while you were handcuffed, you have probably experienced excessive force, a term that applies whenever police use levels of force greater than is needed to control the situation.
- False imprisonment: People arrested and put in jail for crimes they did not commit may be able to seek compensation.
- Police misconduct: Police misconduct can involve either failing to act or taking wrongful action.
- False arrest: These cases often arise when police arrest an innocent person.
- Illegal search and seizure: If police entered your house without a warrant or searched your car without probable cause, you may be able to file a claim for illegal search and seizure against the police department.
- Racial profiling: Drivers stopped and searched without probable cause may be victims of racial or gender profiling.
- Prison guard misconduct: This can involve prison guards punishing inmates by taking away their Constitutional rights. Denying an inmate the right to practice his or her religion or visit the prison library may be examples of this type of misconduct.
- Institutional assault: These cases can range from beatings by prison guards to corporal punishment from a teacher.
- Misuse of law enforcement tools: Tools such as Tasers®, police dogs or batons are often misused for no reason and may result in serious injuries.
If you or a loved one have experienced a violation of your civil rights in Pennsylvania, contact our Philadelphia law firm to schedule a no-cost consultation about your situation.
You pay no legal fees unless we win. Conveniently located across from City Hall in downtown Philadelphia.